Saturday, November 20, 2004

 

Brake Check

My son recently went to a company named Brake Check, in Houston, Texas to have the brake pads on his truck replaced. I told him I thought it should cost in the range of $150 to get the work done. If it was going to be more than this, he should call me.

Bear in mind, my son's truck is only a couple of years old, and has just 30,000 miles on it. He bought it new, and it is in great shape. No problems of any kind.

He calls me from Brake Check and tells me they said it would cost $383.00 to get the work done. I told him that was way too much, and he should see if the manager will speak to me. So, I go over each item that Brake Check plans to do, and what it will cost. After reviewing everything, and deleting all the items my son doesn't need, the price is reduced to $132.80. All he needed was new brake pads. However, Brake Check was trying to sell him a number of things he didn't need. About $250 worth of things that were not needed.

I asked the manager why Brake Check was trying to sell their customers on services they don't need. He had no response. I asked him if they were trying to take advantage of my son because he's young and really doesn't know anything about brake systems. Again, he had no response.

It is amazing to me that a company such as Brake Check doesn't provide good sound advice to their customers on what services their car requires. Obviously they are just trying to take advantage of those that don't know any better.

I sent a letter to Brake Check's corporate office outlining what had happened. I am curious to see if I get a response.

So as a consumer of automotive services, be aware that Brake Check may try to take advantage of you.


Comments:
damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!
 
I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog
 
I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com
 
Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?